PORT ROYAL, Pa. — Port Royal Speedway is set to host a jam-packed 37-race schedule during the 2023 racing season featuring 14 different divisions throughout the year.
Sprint Car Action
The Weikert’s Livestock 410 Sprint Cars will be featured a total of 31 times beginning with the 81st Annual Opening Day presented by Packer’s Concessions, LLC., LLC. on March 5, concluding with a $6,000-to-win event on Oct. 13 as part of the Short Track Super Series event.
• The Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions will again visit the Speed Palace a total of five times during the season
• The Bob Weikert Memorial will take place over the Memorial Day weekend (May 27-28) for a $10,000-to-win opener, $29,000 for the finale.
• The 56th Annual Tuscarora 50 (Sept. 7-9) will feature payouts of $10,000 twice, and a record-high of $56,000 for the finale.
The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series return for two-day Nittany Classic Oct. 6-7
• However, for the first time ever, the series will visit Port Royal for an early March swing with a two-day show paying $10,000 to-win both nights on March 10-11.
The PA Sprint Series 305 Sprint Cars will have 10 events scheduled
• They’ll make their first visit April 8, and will close out their season with the 12th Annual Keystone RaceSaver Challenge event on Oct. 21.
• On the card for the opening night of the Bob Weikert Memorial in May, and be part of the Tuscarora 50 weekend on Sept. 7.
Other highlights on the schedule include a pair of Pennsylvania Speedweek dates on July 1 and 3. Saturday’s event will be the 5th Annual Greg Hodnett Classic will pay $10,000-to-win, while Monday’s Speedweek finale will be the Keith Kauffman Classic, paying $10,000-to-win.
Super Late Models
• 19 scheduled events this season
The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will visit Port Royal three times in 2023
• $10,000-to-win Battle in the Borough event on April 30
• A pair of $5,000-to-win ‘Twin 25’s’ taking place on August 25, with a $50,000 finale on August 26
The World of Outlaws Late Model Series returns
• $15,000-to-win event on May 20
The ULMS Racing Series will sanction two events with a $4,000-to-win event on March 25
• They will conclude their season on Sept. 3 for the 20th Annual Butch Renninger Memorial Race
Returning for their fifth consecutive full season of events, the Limited Late Models will compete in a total of 12 events
• Featured as part of the Butch Renninger Memorial event in September with an expected winner’s share of $3,333
• Make their first visit of the season on March 25. They’ll compete for $1,500-to-win as part of the Lucas Oil Late Model visit in April
A multitude of other open wheel divisions will join in on the fun for the 2023 season. On June 17, the annual visit of the USAC Racing Eastern Storm hits Port Royal.
Joining the wingless sprint cars racing for $6,000 will be the USAC Silver Crown Series racing for $8,000 and the 410 Winged Sprint Cars competing for $5,000.