INDIANAPOLIS — A pair of prominent NTT IndyCar Series drivers will remain with their current teams next season.
Alex Palou, who was involved in a contract dispute with Chip Ganassi Racing that resulted in a lawsuit after it was announced that he signed with McLaren, confirmed on Twitter Wednesday morning that he will remain with Chip Ganassi Racing next year.
“I’m excited to announce that @CGRTeams and I have come to an agreement and I’ll be back in the No. 10 car next season! Look forward to a BIG 2023,” wrote Palou, who won last weekend’s IndyCar Series finale at WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca.
Meanwhile, McLaren confirmed that Felix Rosenqvist will continue to drive for Arrow McLaren SP in the IndyCar Series as a teammate to Pato O’Ward and Alexander Rossi.
“There’s no better way to enter the off-season than with this news,” Rosenqvist said. “I love this team, and I’m so happy to continue working with all the incredible people I’ve gotten to know over the past two seasons. With everything the team has in the pipeline, the continuing relationship with Pato and the addition of Alex Rossi, we are going to bring our A-game for 2023. It will be the most exciting season for me so far. Let it be March already.”
McLaren CEO Zak Brown addressed Rosenvist’s role and Palou’s continued connection to McLaren.
“I’m delighted that Felix will again be racing with AMSP through 2023. He had a strong 2022 season, and I look forward to seeing what he, Alex Rossi and Pato O’Ward can do when they join forces in papaya,” Brown said. “It’s also great to have Alex Palou joining the McLaren Racing family in our Testing of Previous Cars program.”